Welcome to the REACH Health Telemedicine Resources Center. Here we offer a variety of resources to help you implement, sustain and grow your telemedicine program. Please check back regularly, as we frequently add new telemedicine resources.
U.S. Telemedicine Industry Benchmark Survey
Telemedicine Case Studies
Telemedicine case studies explain the approaches used by our customers to create, expand and improve their telemedicine programs.
- Telestroke ROI Case Study
- King’s Daughter Medical Center: Paving the Way for Tele-Pulmonology at Rural Hospitals
- Evolution of One of the Country’s Longest-Running Telestroke Programs
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center’s Journey to State-of-the-Art Telemedicine
These whitepapers are written by telemedicine experts with years of experience. They examine topics such as best practices, suggestions for implementation, trends, and other topics relevant to telemedicine.
- Data-Driven Telemedicine: Optimizing Telemedicine Programs Using Clinical and Performance Data
- Executive Guide to Selecting a Telemedicine Platform, Second Edition
- Telestroke Tips: How to Reduce Time to Treatment
- Top Telestroke Myths — An Insider Perspective on Addressing and Navigating Challenges
- Best Practices for Establishing a Telemedicine Network
- Using Telemedicine to Enhance Meaningful Use Qualification
Telemedicine webinars from REACH Health feature doctors, nurses and other experts discussing topics such as successful approaches for implementing telemedicine, building partnerships for sustainable programs, return on investment, patient care and more.
- Telemedicine Best Practices: How to Effectively Engage Patients in a Remote Setting
- Advanced Alternate Payment Models: Implications for Telemedicine
- Wake-Up Stroke: A New Treatment Protocol
- Mental Health Hybrid Care — Combining In-Person Consults with Telepsychiatry to Achieve a New Standard of Practice
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: Considerations for Treatment via Telemedicine
- 2016 Telemedicine Survey Results, Analysis and Expert Insights
- Improving the Continuum of Stroke Care – A Practical Model for Post-Acute Treatment
- Telehealth Revenue and Reimbursement Opportunities
- Acute Ischemic Stroke and tPA — Understanding and Mitigating the Legal Liabilities
- Telestroke Bedside Best Practices: Optimizing Collaboration between ED Staff and Remote Neurologists
- Telemedicine Success: How to Effectively Promote Your Program
- Using Telemedicine to Triage Patients for Intraarterial Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Building and Sustaining a Telestroke Network: It’s More than Technology
- Incorporating Telemedicine into Acute Stroke and other Time-Sensitive Clinical Trials
- Telestroke ROI: How Ochsner Measures Economic Impact for Hub & Spoke Hospitals
- Telestroke Program Evolution: Best Practices from Augusta University Medical Center
- Building a Successful Telestroke Program – Lessons Learned at Penn State Hershey
- Prevent Telemedicine Pitfalls: How to Identify and Mitigate Fraud and Abuse and Other Legal Risks
The telemedicine research page features studies such as peer-reviewed journal articles. Data for many of these studies was collected by our customers using REACH Health software.
- Implementing a stroke program using telemedicine
- The history and future of telestroke
- Cost-Effectiveness of Hub-and-Spoke Telestroke Networks for the Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke From the Hospitals’ Perspectives
- Stroke telepresence – Removing all geographic barriers
- A Telestroke Network Enhances Recruitment into Acute Stroke Clinical Trials
- A Web-Based Telestroke System Facilitates Rapid Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients in Rural Emergency Departments
- An analysis of business issues in a telestroke project
- Reasons Why Few Patients With Acute Stroke Receive Tissue Plasminogen Activator
- Telestroke: extending stroke expertise into underserved areas
- REACH – Clinical Feasibility of a Rural Telestroke Network
- Remote evaluation of acute ischemic stroke in rural community hospitals in Georgia
- Remote Evaluation of Acute Ischemic Stroke – Reliability of National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale via Telestroke
Here are recent articles and news segments about telemedicine programs and REACH Health software.
- Carolina This Week — MUSC (Waccamaw Community Hospital)
- Becker’s Hospital Review: How Augusta University’s Telestroke Program Addresses Rural Health
- FierceHealthIT — Penn State Hershey’s Telestroke Program
- Health Data Management — Augusta University’s Sustainable Telemedicine Network
We invite you to bookmark this page and check back often as new and updated telemedicine resources are frequently added to this page.